MOORISH SCIENCE TEMPLE OF AMERICA
Each applicant will be scheduled a 30 minute one on one interview with a staff member to finalize the application process. Please be prepared to take a photo .
Member’s Financial Obligations
- In accordance with the orders of our Prophet Noble Drew Ali, the following information, procedures, definitions and instructions are expressed and explained in written detail so there will be no doubt as to the requirements of all members of the Moorish Science Temple of America. The following collections and funds are authorized and can be made in conjunction with the procedures provided to you. Upon submission of your membership application, please include your first month’s assessment.
- This tax was implemented with the concurrence of the Supreme Grand Council during our first Convention, Oc tober 1928, and placed into effect November 1, 1928. Due to the fact that operational expenses, which are taken care of with funds received from the manufacturing department, were found to be a burden on that department. Hence the tax was necessary.
- Prophet Noble Drew Ali established methods by which the head of each Temple could support the local temple. In the General Laws (Tuesday, October 17, 1928) he stated that “membership dues goes to the support of the collecting to support its domestic work.”
- Prophet Noble Drew Ali established a procedure by which every Temple would have finance available to use in emergency situations. No other finances are to be used by the heads of Temples in emerg ency situations. This fund will be sufficient for any emergency because if you are faithful Moors, it will increase to over a thousand dollars. Each Temple’s head will determine an emergency.
Annual Tax $20.00
Special Tax $10.00
- The importance of the Annual National Convention requires two assessments annually to mitigate Convention expenses: 1) The Annual Tax will be used by the head of Temples; and, 2) The Special Tax will be remitted by all Temples to the Supreme Business Manager (Home Office) on or before September 1st annually. In order to cover National Convention expenses all members are strongly encouraged to remit their tribute in a timely manner.
- (Basedupon individual ability)
- During the first Convention in October 1928, Prophet Noble Drew Ali specifically addressed his need for this fund by stating in part that this fund is used to finance the movement. In addition, he made it clear that only he (The Home Office) could issue uplifting fund books. In addition, in Act 2 of our Questionnaire and Additional Laws he emphasized the importance of remitting these funds to him by stating, “…it takes finance to uplift a Nation.” We must help our Prophet in his great uplifting work by subscribing to this Fund.
- Prophet Noble Drew Ali has provided each Temple with various means of supporting itself, in the General Laws (October 17, 1928) our Prophet stated that the heads of each Temple are authorized to make this collection and then use it to support the Temple and its domestic work. Temples that have favorable public collections have effective membership committees, visitors at every public meetings and members who are effective public speakers who keep the Prophet and his words “upfront.”
- As a Religious Corporation, our Prophet made it possible to assist members who find themselves in need of food (due to an inability to work), medication (due to inability to pay for it) and transportation. Each Temple must have a sick committee, chaired by an Adept. This chairman can be contacted by the Temple, member or committee. Members to facilitate the disbursement of funds in compliance with a procedure established by the Temple Head and approved by The Home Office.
- The heads of all Temples are authorized to make a special collection among its members to raise funds to cover expenses for the celebration of our Prophet’s Birthday on January 8th. National Convention Knowing the importance our Prophet designated Temple #1 to host our annual National Convention, the officials of Temple #1 with the concurrence of the Supreme Grand Council, implemented this collection to augment funds collected from the Special Tax.
- Knowing the importance our Prophet designated Temple #1 to host our annual National Convention, the officials of Temple #1 with the concurrence of the Supreme Grand Council, implemented this collection to augment funds collected from the Special Tax.
Assessments, Supplies and Donation Policy
- If for any reason your Membership Application is denied, then your initial donation will be refunded to you, the applicant.
- Due Cards are to be updated by the Temple the members are affiliated with. Dues are to be paid by the 1st and no later than the 7th of each month if you have any problems with paying dues for a particular month. Contact the MST of A that you are a member of to receive more information for remedy.
All checks and money orders are payable to:
- Moorish Science Temple of America P.O. Box 531 Carbondale, IL 62903 (all local temples must collect its own finances)
- Request an invoice via the webstore after submitting your applications/order forms or pay .
- Make payments at www.mstahohr805.co/webstore
- Money orders purchased from the USPS are preferred for security purposes.
- [email protected],/(312) 724-9219/P.O. Box 531 Carbondale IL U.S.A. 62903